help me out guys!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by christopherJohn, Oct 29, 2002.

1. christopherJohn

christopherJohn Auditioning

ok, i have been on this site for a couple months... all i look at right now is the bargins on dvds. well, im about to move out and into an apartment and want to buy a nice tv. could you guys give me some suggestions on which tvs i should look at.. i will be using it probably 70% cable and 30% watching dvds. i love the look of the widescreen tvs but i have never actually watched tv with one and have no idea how i would like it. i would like the tv to be at least 50 inches and spend around $2500 or so. thanks guys!!

2. DerekF

DerekF Stunt Coordinator

My current favorites include:

Toshiba HDX (42, 50, 57 & 65")
    Hitachi SWX (50, 57, 65")
    Panasonic WX42/52 (47" 53")

One thing you will learn quickly is that there is no perfect TV. All have strengths and weaknesses, so the key is to align these pluses/minuses with the types of viewing important to you....

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Derek is completly right, for me personally i wouldn't want to have a WS as my primary tv, id only really want one right now if it was more or less sedicated to movies, i dont like stretching and burn in can be a problem, plus like i said in another thread at the same cost right now you have to get a smaller WS, for example a 36" and a 34" they cost he same, both have the same viewable area for widescreen content (the 34" is about 5% bigger) but for your 4:3 material you get 60% more on the 36" just get one that has anamorphic squeeze and you are set. you basically ahve to pay alot more to get a bigger WS picture when dealing with a WS tv, so if you are using it for both and actually care how your cable looks then i say get a 4:3 tv.... again thats just my two cents.