What's new

help me out guys! (1 Viewer)

christopherJohn

Auditioning
ok, i have been on this site for a couple months... all i look at right now is the bargins on dvds. well, im about to move out and into an apartment and want to buy a nice tv. could you guys give me some suggestions on which tvs i should look at.. i will be using it probably 70% cable and 30% watching dvds. i love the look of the widescreen tvs but i have never actually watched tv with one and have no idea how i would like it. i would like the tv to be at least 50 inches and spend around $2500 or so. thanks guys!!

DerekF

Stunt Coordinator
My current favorites include:

Toshiba HDX (42, 50, 57 & 65")
Hitachi SWX (50, 57, 65")
Panasonic WX42/52 (47" 53")

One thing you will learn quickly is that there is no perfect TV. All have strengths and weaknesses, so the key is to align these pluses/minuses with the types of viewing important to you....

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Derek is completly right, for me personally i wouldn't want to have a WS as my primary tv, id only really want one right now if it was more or less sedicated to movies, i dont like stretching and burn in can be a problem, plus like i said in another thread at the same cost right now you have to get a smaller WS, for example a 36" and a 34" they cost he same, both have the same viewable area for widescreen content (the 34" is about 5% bigger) but for your 4:3 material you get 60% more on the 36" just get one that has anamorphic squeeze and you are set. you basically ahve to pay alot more to get a bigger WS picture when dealing with a WS tv, so if you are using it for both and actually care how your cable looks then i say get a 4:3 tv.... again thats just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks