Help me name a song.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ross Williams, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

This is a song I heard on public radio about a week ago. I thought it was really fun song, and I'd love to hear it again. But I can't seem to find it anywhere, probably cause I have the name of the song wrong.

It sounded like an old song, maybe from the 20's or 30's, but could really be from any age. I'm also thinking the guys singing it had an Irish accent, but could be wrong about that too. They sang about all the different ways to get drunk in a bunch of different cities. "Get sloshed in Seattle!" That kind of thing. The part I remember the best is the chorus, something like; "Doesn't matter where you are, you're just Plain Ole' Fashion Drunk!!" This was all backed up by a symphony of accordians.

I assumed the name of the song was Plain Ole' Fashion Drunk, but couldn't find anything. I have no idea who sang it. Anybody have any idea? (I guess I could call the radio station if nobody knows.)

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

There used to a site called Lyric Finder. Could just enter a line of a lyric, and I sometimes got a song title from it.

But the url seems to be dead now. Anyone know where it went, or if there is a simlar siet up?

As for this song, the 20's had some fun stuff. I have 5 0r 6 cds of music from that era, but the song you are looking for is not on them, sorry.

3. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

That was a good idea John, I found http://www.lyricfind.com - but no answer to my question. The song is probably too old for anybody to want to go searching for it.

4. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Ross, at least that got the site back for me. Thanks!
    I have other urls of period music, perhaps some of them might give you a contact who could "name that tune", if the radio station can't.
    This one has a list of songs from the 20's on cd.
    http://alephnull.net/20s/cdtracks.pl

5. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Ross,
    I really thought I was gonna be able to name the tune. A friend of mine is actually an expert in the matter of drinking songs, but, he doesn't know this one. We do want to hear it however! [​IMG]
    Jim