What's new

Help Me Identify These Movies (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
If anyone knows the names of these movies, I'd really appreciate it. I remembered seeing them in the 80s, so I would assume they were both made around that time.

1. The first one is about this comet or something that passes over earth turning everyone to this orangish powder with the exception of a few people who were in buildings not exposed to the air or something and the majority of the movie is people trying to figure out what happened.

2. This one is about this guy who keeps getting abducted by aliens over and over, but no one believes him. Then one day, the government abducts him because they think he can help them communicate with an alien ship that crash landed on earth. Turns out one of the aliens is still alive, and he is able to communicate with the guy telepathically and he learns that theyre not aliens at all, but theyre humans from the far future who have genetically engineered themselves so much that they cannot breed anymore and keep coming back in time to abduct humans to help their race survive in the future.

I hope I gave enough info to identify these relatively obscure films.

GARY C

Second Unit
From IMDB:

Night of the Comet (1984)

Two sisters, high school seniors in the early 1980s, awaken one morning to blood red skies and the realization that the human race has been wiped out. It becomes apparant that anyone who was not surrounded by steel when the Earth recently passed through the tail of Haley's comet has been reduced to a pile of red ash (the trace elements of human chemical makeup.) They encounter a rebellious Native American man and take over the air waves at a local radio station in an attempt to get help. Unfortunately, they attract the attention of a group of scientists who knew what the effects of the comet would be. They hid underground in a steel laboratory, but idiotically left the vents open. Now, as various survivors of the comet who were only partially surrounded by steel are decaying into flesh-hungry zombies, the scientists are attempting to come up with a vaccine made of the blood of people who were not infected by the comet. Thus the trio must fight their way past not only roving packs of the cannibalistic dead, but also outsmart a pack of scientists desperate not to become that way themselves.

And this may be the second one (tho' not in the 80's)...

Official Denial (1994)

A man who claims to have been abducted by aliens is also abducted by a top secret government agency, the Majestic Group, who want him to attempt to communicate with the only surviving alien from a UFO shot down by the Air Force. Telepathically, the alien tells him it must be returned to its ship, where it will reveal a secret vital to the future of the planet.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Wow, youre good. How do you search on imdb for a movie that you dont know the name or anyone in it?

I can't beleive that second one was from 1994...I coulda swore I saw that years before that, but that description sounds just like it!

Thanks a million!!!

GARY C

Second Unit
Under the main search bar when you get to IMDB is;

More Searches

You'll get a list of different options from there that you can search. I used the Word Search, set to Plots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks