Help me ID a movie!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LennyP, Jan 25, 2003.

1. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Ok, here is the story. I saw this Sci-Fi movie long ago, in 1996 or earlier that I wanted to get on any medium for the past 3 years or so. Now I couldn't sleep, turn on one of Showtime channels, Beyond I think, and it's showing a movie with a similar plot to the one I'm looking for.
    It's called Galactic Odyssey. I do a search, it's otherwise known as Starquest II, made in 1997. So by the date it can't be it. But there must be a Starquest I, right? There is an anime title with that alternative title but that's not it. Then there is Terminal Voyage, titled Starquest on VHS!

Anyway, the plot is something like this, a crew on a spaceship wake up to find Earth destroyed and they have to travel somewhere, an Earth like planet, which fits 1 to 1 with the description of Terminal Voyage, even the title is reminiscent of what happens next. There is not enough food and oxygen for all of them to reach that planet, so some of them have to die in order for others to live, to reach the planet alive, it's some of them or none. So they start playing games, card games and others, the loser gets murdered by the rest, and so on, they kill each other off, paranoid, depression, awesome movie! I'm pretty sure it was in English, or at least dubbed into English, but definetly not Italian or Spanish, maybe some European movie.
    So, has anyone seen Starquest aka Terminal Voyage or any other movie with an aformentioned plot? I'm going nuts for years with this movie and this is the closest I've ever been to it. I'll order that VHS as soon as someone confirms it.
    Sorry for the long post, hope someone read this far. :b

2. Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark Second Unit

Is that u Lenny Nero? [​IMG]
    thedvdforums down again?!?
    sorry can't help with your flick though :b

3. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Yeah it's me! They couldn't believe that my name is actually Lenny Nero, guess a lot of Strange Days fans here, so I had to use my old family name, thus LennyP [​IMG]

TheDVDForums.com go down more than a 3 dollar.. er call girl.

Thanks for moving it to a more appropriate forum, though I thought the movie I'm looking for is available on some home video format so I posted there.

4. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

I've seen Terminal Voyage (the TV movie with the lovely Emma Samms). It played like an overlong ep of The Outer Limits. My memory of it doesn't match your description, so I guess you're thinking of another film...

5. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

This is a massive shot in the dark, but could it be

The Noah's Ark Principle?

Directed by Roland Emmerich in 1984. I've never seen it, but the 'Cosmic Ark*' concept jogged my memory banks.

*And no, I don't mean that old Imagic game put out for the 2600. [​IMG]

6. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Plot description of Terminal Voyage sounded so close to what I remember, but oh well, thank you for letting me know.

Doesn't seem like it's Noah's Ark Principle either, but it does sound like a great movie, and it's out on DVD. I'll rent it.

I guess the movie I've seen wasn't made in US, or at least it was a very cheap, indepedent production because it's very bleak, graphic, and ends bad, with everyone killing each other off, kind of like Mean Guns and Battle Royale, only on space ship. :b