Help me hook up Xbox Live!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Reed, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Joe Reed

Joe Reed Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys, I need you help, I am bying the Linkys router(BEFW1154) and the wireless ethernet bridge (WET11), now what else will I need? (ie, cables) do I need anymore linkys products or just some cables to run this and what kind of cables? Thanks alot and get ready to beat me on xbox live! [​IMG]

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Since the Router isn't wireless, it can't recieve the signals from your bridge. I can't find any of the product numbers you're listing on Linksys' site, only basic families (B indicates a wired router). So what you need now is Cat-5 Ethernet cable. You should already have some going from your computer to your modem, you'll need 1 for Computer, 1 for XBox, and 1 for your modem from the router

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Moving to Video Game Hardware.

4. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    Joe, here's a step-by-step guide from the Linksys web site that explains how to do it. (Important note - these instructions assume you already have the wireless router set up and configured.)

Many people have this same set up and it works well. Pay close attention to step 11 - if the SSID is not the same for both devices, it will not work.

Gary

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Joe-

The router you're buying is the BEFW11S4, not 54. I have the same one, but I don't use it for online gaming (yet).

6. Oscar Saenz

Oscar Saenz Stunt Coordinator

7. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Joe,
    From my post in the other thread-
    If it's possible to move your modem to your xbox a cheaper alternative is to get a wireless PCI Card for your PC instead of the bridge. Then send your connection from the router and your xbox to the pci card and your pc.
    Easy as pie to setup

mark