What's new

Help me help my dad spend $2000-$2500 on a new tv! (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Please.:)

My dad's trusty Phillips tv he's had since I was in middle school, finally died yesterday. For the past year, it would take at least 10 minutes to even throw on a picture after you'd turn it on, but he kept on telling me that he didn't watch too much tv, so he'd be ok. But, of course, now it's a big deal and he'd like my help. However, since I've bought a projector, I really haven't been doing research on the latest tvs.

My dad doesn't want to spend too much more than $2000, but said he'd go up to $2500 if need be. What are some models that I should look into?

Here are some of his criteria:

16 X 9 aspect ratio
HDTV compatible
NOT rear projection

Thanks for any help that you can give me, I appreciate it as always.

George

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Thanks for the reply so far guys. Let me state this better, he isn't looking for a CRT rear projection. Sorry for the confusion.:b

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
JVC DILA is the best of the bunch IMHO at that price range but its near if not over his budget by a little bit. At $2k to $2500 he is really pushing it if he thinks he can get an LCD or DLP for that. At the very most he is looking at the Panasonic LCD and I personally don't like it. The JVC is exceptional IMHO but I think its near $3k.

Panasonic's EDTV Plasma is another option but you do have to worry about burn in as well as the fact its EDTV(NOT HDTV).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks