What's new

Help me Find the Best RPTV for $1000 to $1300 (1 Viewer)

Jason*H

Agent
OK I Know this isn't a lot to spend but its all I have to spend. Of course I want the best quality and largest size possible,but I also realize that Im going to have to compromise in this price range. I would rather find it at a store like Circuit City or Best Buy. Im open to Internet purchases as long as the shipping isn't outrageous and its a reputable company

John S

Senior HTF Member
Philips TV's are some of the best bargains.

I bought at www.electronicsalley.com

I went with the 60PP9202 model for $1248, they were out of stock, I prepaid, and ended up getting free delivery as it came direct from Philips.

I assert this is not only the largest picture you can buy for that much money, but also the best picture you can get for that much money.

Good luck!!!

Jason*H

Agent
John I looked at that site and all the sets say product is refurbished or reconditioned do you know if they come with any manufactures warranty

BTW I was looking at reviews of that TV and electronicsalley.com shows it as a 16:9 st and everyone else shows a 4:3 set

John S

Senior HTF Member
yes, they come with a philips manufacture warranty.

And once you send in the warranty card you will get an offer for a 3 year extended factory warranty as well.

I am still deciding if I should pay the extra $169 or not for the extended warranty.

My set even though said to be refurbished was in totally new condition, not one blemmish or mar on it.

I am really quite pleased with the product. Your right though in this price range there will be trade offs.

No DVI input
Only one true HDTV input
Only basic picture controls
The progressive scan I am getting on my cheapie non progressive DVD player from component video input is really quite remarkable on it.

The HDTV picture is quite good, I use a Zenith HDV420 set top box with the output set at 1080i, and put the TV in native 16:9 mode and it is a slice of honey heaven pie.

John S

Senior HTF Member
If your a gamer, Philips has a most excellent defense against any burn-in at all. Even though they still warn about in the manual, it is virtually a non issue on these sets.

I evaluated and almost bought the set from Best Buy, but when I went back they had sold out. This ended up lucky really as I got online, and found electronics alley and saved nearly $500 on the deal.

Jason Brent

Second Unit
I recently purchased a Panny PT47wx53 for $1200 at Ultimate Electronics.

The other set I was looking at for the same money was the Mits 42 incher on the small stand.

The Panny was on sale for $1390 at Ultimate, but I talked 'em down. Plus I got free delivery.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Check with Sears. Once you decide on a set, go there, tell them you've been shopping around, and ask for the best price they can give. They'll beat CC and BB by a WIDE margin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks