What's new

Help me find out the title of this movie...(old man turns into teen again) (1 Viewer)

DavidFI

Auditioning
Well this is my first post on the HT forum so please help direct me if this isn't the right forum for this kind of topic...Thanks:)

Anyways...to the question at hand...

This is all I can remember of a movie I watched probably 6-7 years ago so my memory has faded since then...but...

First off I'm going to guess it was made in the late 80's or early-mid 90's...

It is about a old man in a nursing home and (I can't remember how) but he gets a chance somehow to turn back to a teenager again (during the present time) and meets another girl of his age...I remember one particular scene where the boy (was the old man?) was in a hotel room with the girl jumping up and down on a bed "having fun"...(the guy is surrounded by mystery because he doesn't have a family because he is the old man inside I believe)...and I think at the end of the movie the teenager (old man) is playing baseball and catches a baseball and changes back into his old self and returns to the nursing home...

I think it was one of those made for TV type movies and I believe I seen it on the Starz or Encore network or something of that nature...

Any ideas? It is killing me not knowing what it is called and it was of the "feel good" type movies...not a comedy or horror film...

Thanks guys/gals...much appreciated
:emoji_thumbsup:

David

DavidFI

Auditioning
Thanks for the guess...I'm familiar with that movie but that isn't it...that is a comedy to isn't it?

I've had others guess Forever Young, 18 Again, Magic Saturday (Amazing Stories), Scene 2 in the Twilight Zone (1983),...but none of those were it that I could tell..

Thanks...

Anymore?

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
What was that oddball movie with Corey Haim and Corey Feldman and Jason Robards that had an age-swap story...came out in the late 80's...oh, yeah...

Dream a Little Dream.

DavidFI

Auditioning
Yeah I'm familiar with the Dream a Little Dream...I think I'm going to rent that and watch it because it sounds interesting...but I'm 99% sure that isn't it...

Corey Haim was the guy in "Lucas" wasn't he?

Oh and another possible "twist" to the outline of my vague story (movie plot)...the older man may have been suffering from a disease and possibly turned into that teen again to kind of "relive" before he died?

I was told that you guys would know on this forum if anybody? So don't let me down;)

Thanks for the guesses...

If ya'll have other suggestions on where to search for the answer to my questions...let me know...

David

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know the one you're thinking of, but there is a movie called Prelude to a Kiss that has a similar plot. In that movie an old man switches bodies with a bride on her wedding day.

DavidFI

Auditioning
Prelude to a Kiss with Meg Ryan? Yeah I've seen that but that isn't it...thanks though:)

Keep them coming...I was told you all would know if anybody:D

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
The movie your thinking of was actually in the film Twilight Zone the movie. The second story directed by Stephen Spielberg (a remake of 'Kick the Can') an old man (Scatman Crothers) arrives at a retirement home and makes the wishes of the residents come true when he magicaly transforms them into youthful incarnations of their days gone by.

DavidFI

Auditioning
LanieParker - Yeah as Ernest pointed out that wasn't it...because the whole nursing home didn't change into youth again...it was just that old guy (in a nursing home type setting) that changed into a teen again and met a girl and just "had fun"...

It never hurts to throw out ideas because one of them might be right...

Thanks anyways...

DavidFI

Auditioning
Oh and here is another possible "twist"...the old man may have been dreaming all this...?

DavidFI

Auditioning
Sorry guys I'm bringing this thread up again...but just want to know the answer or other suggestions;)

Do you all know of any other method that could help me out like another forum or something? I've got to find the title of this movie...it's killing me:D

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Try The Last Home Run (1996)

IMDB Plot synopsis: This movie is about an old man who didn't have a chance to play baseball when he was young, so his friend brings him to a "magical" man who changes him into a boy for 5 days. Once changed into a young boy, he is on a team the next day! (how convenient). The next 3 days he starts a relationship with a young girl on the team, delivers the coach's wife baby, and so much more. In the end (can it be even called an ending?) the boy is sadly turned back into an old man and the girls starts another relationship with her "ex boyfriend" The cost for these 5 days was a life...the friends life.

DavidFI

Auditioning
Ernest I believe you just made my day (year/lifetime);) ...

I'm going to check into it...that has to be it:D

I appreciate the guesses and Ernest thanks for the answer...

Thanks guys,

David

DavidFI

Auditioning
So has anyone seen this movie? What did you think of it...I went ahead and ordered so I can watch it...if not many people have heard of it I guess it isn't "that good"...but for some reason I remembered it so I have to watch it again:)

DavidFI

Auditioning
Just an update...(like anyone will care:) )...but I finally got the video in on Monday and watched it...it was what I remembered...most of the acting was pretty bad...but the young Johnathan Lyle (Tom Guiry - played in "The Sandlot") and the girl Jenny in the movie did good...I guess I just liked it for nostalgic purposes...not as an oscar winner or nothing...I just remembered seeing it and I had to watch it again...

There is no real point to this post...just thought I would update it a bit...

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks