help me find a travel agent - to las vegas + grand canyon

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by felix_suwarno, Jun 11, 2003.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

my family wants to have a 4 days tour to las vegas and grand canyon, and we would like to use a travel agent to help us enjoy the vacation.

problem is, i have no idea where to start. can any of you fellow HTF-ers provide me any info about reputable travel agents?

thanks in advance

2. Tommy Ceez

Tommy Ceez Second Unit

Where the heck do you live?

3. felix_suwarno

chicago! but we have been living here for only 3 years. my family comes from jakarta, indonesia. we are chinese indonesian.

4. StephenK

StephenK Stunt Coordinator

Felix,

In my area,Liberty Travel is one of the largest travel agency franchises. Lots of offices in the states. maybe they won't get you the best deal, but you won't get ripped off. http://www.libertytravel.com/Home/default.asp

5. felix_suwarno

thanks, i will check that.

6. Tommy Ceez

Tommy Ceez Second Unit

Could have helped you in NY. BTW Vegas/Canyon - I did it with my Family back when I was a kid and I absolutly loved it...beautiful. Just one thing...try to go longer than 4 days, Vegas is grat and the GC is beautiful but the distance between the two leads to some long travel times.

7. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    I don't like Liberty Travel since all their consultants work on commission and we all know what that can lead to. For a number of years I've been using AAA Travel which is part of the AAA Auto Club. (You don't have to be a member to use it). All their people a salaried and never seem to be "pushing" extras. The service has been terrific and the staff is very helpful. Check the AAA website aaa.com and then look under travel, I just did and it shows 11 offices in the Chicago area. You won't have to worry about being ripped-off with them. Have a good trip.

8. felix_suwarno

thanks mark, i will check that immediately.

9. felix_suwarno

and all of a sudden my family also consider new york, but is it a good idea to go there around july 4th?

both liberty and aaa websites were not really helpful. well i have been studying human computer interaction and their websites were horrible in term of usability.

i think it would be better to just find their office branch in chicago. liberty travel doesnt have any, so i am going to try aaa.

10. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    You might check Southwest Airlines. THey did a great package for my wife and me when we went to Vegas.

Try them here

11. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Hell yes. Try Southwest Vactions like Randy said. I 've used them to book trips to Florida, Vegas and California and they have great rates. In fact, we just booked our second Vegas trip through them a week ago.