What's new

Help me find a DTS capable head unit (1 Viewer)

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Not sure where this should go. It is hardware, so i placed it here.
Could someone plz recommend a DTS compatible car stereo?
Id like to play some DTS 5.1 music CD's in my vehicle, thank you.

PomingF

Second Unit
I am sure most of the auto DVD players can do DTS it's just that they cost a lot plus finding a descent location for the center speaker is the hardest. In fact not too long ago I was wondering why there still aren't many speaker makers coming out with such speaker design (except years back I recall Eclipse makes one you can hang onto the rear view mirror).

That said I do have a Sherwood CD head unit/power amp/processor combo I bought off ubid awhile back with 5.1 output that does DTS-CD and Circle Surround processing.

Cheers.

PF

Jah-Wren Ryel

Stunt Coordinator
I've got one of those too. So far just running the head unit by itself. Have you tried to hook a cd-changer up to it? I wrote sherwood asking them what models are compatible but never got a response.

PomingF

Second Unit
No, in fact they are still sitting in the box they came in with for I had just bought a Sony CD player to replace an older Sony shortly before making the bid for the Sherwood.

PF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks