Help me find 2 Technics (silver) SEA-1010 AMPs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geoff L, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Dec 9, 2000
    As stated looking for 2 of these amps. Prefer new but will consider used.
    Haveing no luck locating these. Found some new ones in the UK and very very reasonable but never have ordered out of the USA, let alone made a phone call...~~ Might some one may shed some light on this? Feel stupid asking, but how do you go about calling the UK? Anthing special to doing it?
    For those who may be in the dark on these units, they are silver or black brushed cased amps, black different model prefex. 2x125 watt with a very very large lighted dual VU metered front. I think they were produced 1 maybe 2 years ago. At that time a little pricey for the average joe and for they money one could do beter. To the best of my knowedge the SEA 1010 was their top of the line two channel amplification. They did make a matching pre for it also.
    The one review I did read, liked the unit and it did well.
    Any points of direction on finding this Amp along with how to make a call outside US to UK would be apreciated. [​IMG]
    Ive have thumbed threw auctions and search engines repeatedly with no luck. Any and all sugestions will be checked into.
    Whats the conversion from UK to US now?
    [Edited last by Geoff L on August 21, 2001 at 10:35 AM]
  2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mar 28, 2000
    Geoff, I did a Yahoo! search for "SEA-1010" and found the following link:
    You could check their web site or e-mail them to see if they ship internationally. Of course, you would have to get a converter from Radio Shack or the like to convert the output from 220V to 110V. From the link above, the dealer's phone number is 08706 010151. To dial it from the US, I believe you have to dial 011 44 first.
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime
    [Edited last by KeithH on August 21, 2001 at 11:12 AM]