What's new

Help me draft a list of complaints (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
In addition to the stickied thread of incomplete discs, I would like someone to help me with a list of complaints to take to the studios regarding TV shows on DVD.

It should be formatted as a letter (or a petitiion) and it should be firm in its statement. Quite frankly I will start to boycott all TV shows on DVD if it gets much worse.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Why boycott all releases? Wouldn't it be better to buy the ones you want that are correctly done, to show how you want these released?

COMPLAINTS
*Music changes
*Edited episodes
*Lack of chapter stops
*Logo bugs (applies only to the Rocky and Bullwinkle sets AFAIK)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, the stickied thread has those bases covered. Now we just need to contact the studios.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I forgot to mention that one must also contact the rights holders who grant the licenses to the DVD companies.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Since I'm picky..

COMPLAINTS
No play all options
No Chapter skip for the opening
Horrible ALF like cases

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Warner, I'm looking in your direction...I love Wacky Races, and the Friends theme, but I don't care as much for either several times in one sitting.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Charlie - about the 'play all' option. Some have the best of both worlds, and others don't. I wish the others 'did.

On some sets, I can either select play one or play all, which is really nice, but one time I hit the play one, and when the episode finished the next one started right up! It is too bad that they don't have required standards for these things!

Glenn

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
Well i HATE the cases where the DVD's actually lie on top of one another like Jem Season 3. I prefer the individual cases like Different Strokes Season 1 or at least the ones with the own jewel case protection like Threes Company Season 2 but I dont like the discbeing on top of one another.

Dorrie

William0

Agent
My biggest COMPLAINT of all is some tv shows on DVD do not have closed captions or subtitles. Upcoming releases of two versions of Twilight Zone on DVD really BROKE MY HEART INTO PIECES!!!!!!!!!! I feel that they have violated me as a consumer. All of things that had been listed IN THIS THREAD can be adjusted or altered in the near future but this issue cannot be ignored. CAPTIONS NOW PLEASE!!!!!

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I would like to see more individual THINpak cases used. For example, the new Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley sets. The DVD is well protected, takes up little space in a box set, and most of all, easy to remove. The new Star Trek:TOS set was creative, but my season 1 discs were difficult to remove. THINpak.

While we're at it:

Complete episodes
Original music

Jim Pattison

Stunt Coordinator
I second the vote for THINpaks.

And while we're talking complete, unedited episodes, let's not forget the "previously on..." openings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks