What's new

Help me decide! Toshiba 50H81 or Pioneer SD-533HD5 (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
All this talk makes me anxious to get mine...If I only had the money now :frowning:

Huzefa

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, BTW, if I get an HDTV receiver, do I have to change any settings on the TV to get it to 'recognize the source ' as an HDTV source or will it happen automatically if I plug in the HDTV receiver through the component cables into the TV. I don't have an HDTV receiver yet, but am thinking of selling my 501 and getting the Dish 6000 receiver.

TommyB

Stunt Coordinator
Huzefa,

I was wondering if you had any luck at BB getting the additional 10% off and the free DVD player (I bought this set from them last week).

Huzefa

Stunt Coordinator
TommyB, they wouldn't give me the 10% off since they said that I couldn't do the pricematch if I were to use the coupon (plus I only had a printout of the coupon, not the actual coupon itself). With the coupon the price would have been only about $15 less than with the pricematch; so no biggie. Regarding the DVD player, I showed them their own ad which said a free samsung prog. scan dvd player with each rptv purchase, the first store I went to (the one where I bought the TV) said that since I took the 24 month financing option, that counted as a promotion too and therefore I couldn't get the dvd player (which was a promotion also). That was on Monday. I went to another BB about 3 hours ago and tried again to get the 10% off and was shot down again, but this time I got the free dvd player. So I'm pretty happy about it. Plus it looks really nice on the TV. I put in Final Fantasy (a great disc in itself), and the picture is just amazing! If I were you, I'd go back ask for the 10% off (and act real pissed off when you don't get it) and then ask them for the DVD player as a consolation prize. Cheers!

H

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Argh! I am aching for a widescreen HDTV set right now. I can't wait until later this year. I only hope that I'll have saved up enough to get one. I'm looking at the 42H81 and the 50H81. I'll probably go for the 50" since it's not that much more expensive. Aaahh, the trials and tribulations of upgradeitis. I love this hobby. :D

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
Brian,
I hoping to wait for the new fall models and see what connections they all have then it will be time for me to upgrade :) I've been very happy with my Sony KP53-HS10 but have be hankering for a 16x9 set. Then my next big thing will be finding somebody to buy my old set....
Enjoy the new sets guys...
Later
Jim

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
When the new sets come out you will be able to get a better deal on the current sets. Just hold on a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks