What's new

Help me decide, thinking about getting an X-box (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ok so i am obviously thinking about getting an X-Box, but I have a tonne of questions.

1) What do people think of this deal available at EB now, get an x-box, 2 months of x-box live, Kights of the old republic, Mechassult, and Crimson Skies, and a 50 dollar EB gift voucher all for about 350 canadian taxes in.

2) What AV connections does the x-box come with?

3) X-Box live, is there any way I can check to see if the user name i want is taken? I would like to keep my current online name of Sparrow if possible.... perhaps add a Sir in front of it or something liek that, but i cant seemt o find a way to check what names are available without buying an x-box and finding out the hard way.

4) hooking up to X-Box live, whats the best way to do this? would i have to set up a home network to keep my PC and x-box connected? or is there a line in and out ont he x-box so i could connect the modem to the x-box and then to my computer, or do i need to go get a second network card for my PC and do it that way?

and i guess the final thing is i have a sweet DVD player already, and a PS2 both hooked up through component, the X-box makes a third, is it really worth it to go out and buy two more sets of component video cable to use my receivers switching capabilities? (I have a Yamaha RXV-1300 would that be up to the task of switching the PS2 signal and the X-Box signal?)

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
It only comes with standard a/v cables.
Buy component.

I am going to be setting up my xbox live account tomorrow again and Ill let you know about the name thing. Im hoping to keep my old name also (even though I am already the one that has it...

oh and youll need a Switch/router for your ethernet.... those are pretty inexpensive heres a link to mine......D-Link

Good luck, and go for it!

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Dave, I was thinking I could just pop another ethernet card into my computer and run a cable, would that not work as well? I believe i saw an article at www.xbox.com about how to do it.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
oh, right on, Ive heard of someone who did that and it worked fine for him, I just never tried it........(my comps not that close to my TV.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks