What's new

Help me decide!! Parasound Halo A23 vs. Rotel RB-1070 (1 Viewer)

Nick V

Second Unit
I'm looking for a decent 2 channel amp to add to my stero listening experience. I currently have a Yamaha RXV-1200 and it is lacking something when listening to cd's and dvd-a's in stereo. This amp will eventually be running my surround speakers, but for the moment, is all that I can afford for my mains.

My mains are Paradigm Monitor 11's and I will soon be upgrading to either Monitor Audio Silver S series or Energy Veritas series. Most likely bookshelves.

Does anyone have experience with both of these amps??

Any help would be appreciated!

Nick V

Second Unit
Can someone give me the MSRP of the 2 units that I mentioned, along with other competing amps perhaps??

How about the sonic characteristics of the two amps. I know that Rotel is supposed to be fairly warm, and a fair match with Paradigm speakers, how about Parasound??

Does Anthem have a good 2channel amp that competes in price and performance??

Yogi

Screenwriter
Rotel is warm and Parasound is warmer. Also Parasound is baised higher into class A. So at low to moderate volumes the Parasound will sound better. I usually prefer the sound of Parasound over Rotel but thats not to say that the Rotel doesn't sound good. Its just my personal preference. Plus the new Paraound Halo looks cooler than the new silver Rotels, IMHO. MSRP wise the Parasound might be a tad bit more money, but I am not really sure about that.

Armand G

Stunt Coordinator
It's not fair to compare the Halo to the RB-1070. The Halo is twice the price of the Rotel.

It would be better to compare it to the Rotel RB-1080 which is in the same price range.

Greetz
Armand

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks