What's new

Help me decide on sat's. (1 Viewer)

Dennis Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
Looking for a small set of sattelite speakers. I currently have the JBL n24's but I need something smaller.
Is there anything out there that is as small as, dare I say, BOSE sat's?

I need 4 of them and a small center.

thanks.

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure exactly how big the JBL n24's are but I just put together a system for my parents and had very strict requirements for speakers. Must be small and white. My dad bought Bose for background music in one of the rooms but I told him I would purchase the speakers for his HT room.
I auditioned many small speakers and narrowed it down to Paradigm-Cinema Series, Anthony Galo-Micro, Def Tech-ProCinema series, and Canton's. I ended up purchasing 4 Canton Plus X's, Canton AV700 for a center, and Def Tech ProSub100TL.
I'm very impressed with the results considering the relatively small investment and (IMO) small speaker.

ps. In my dads words " Wow, my Bose sound flat compared to speakers you bought." :D

JustinDR

Agent
Check out Mordaunt Short 302 satellites and 304 center, www.mordauntshort.com and Kef's KHT 2005 or 2005.2 satellite system at www.kef.com In addition to these, I've also heard the paradigms and definitives mentioned by kevin, neither of which I think can compete with either the Mordaunt Shorts or the Kefs. The Kefs win out in absolute terms, and by a good margin, but they also cost more than the others. I have not heard the Cantons, so I don't know how they would compare. If you can, take a listen to all of them and choose those which best suit your preferences and needs.

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
Justin, I agree with you about the Kef’s. They were my first thought. Unfortunately, I was limited by the WAF (my mom) and the speakers had to be as small as possible and “white.” This was the first time I heard a pair of Canton’s and I was extremely impressed. My dad listens to mainly vocals and the detail on the Canton’s blew the Paradigms and Def Tech away. I wasn’t able to do a back to back comparison with the Kef’s but feel confident they could hold there own. I believe the Kef’s are a bit cheaper also.
Dennis, go audition the brands mentioned and determine what you like. It’s not only the best way to spend your money but it’s part of the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks