Help me decide on a sub....

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by VinnieJC, Dec 3, 2004.

1. VinnieJC

VinnieJC Extra

I'm looking for something entry level (less than $200.00). I'm considering the following:

MTX SW2 (12" 100 watt, 35hz-160hz, front firing)
    Yamaha YST-SW215 (8" 120 Watt 30hz-200hz, down firing)

The only thing that concerns me about the MTX is that it is unshielded, and I only have a analog TV. The room is relatively small (actually, the viewing area is small, with the other part of the room being occupied by my son's toys).

Eventaully, I'd like to do something like an Axiom package, but right now I just want something entry level, as I have no sub now.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. jephdood

jephdood Stunt Coordinator

3. Brian_Fly

Brian_Fly Stunt Coordinator

Based on my own research over the last two months, I would second the Dayton from partsexpress. It's hard to beat that price and performance, but it is unshielded. When it came time for me to make my purchase, I spent a little extra for an Atlantic Technology T70 from soundcity. This was only based on the port on the front of the Dayton (I have a toddler that would undoubtedly stick stuff in there). I think the T70 is a great sub, and I'd buy it again.

4. Greg-ST

Greg-ST Stunt Coordinator

The Dayton is the one to get. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the performance. Two Dayton 10"ers are even better [​IMG]