1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Help me decide next upgrade path.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Biller, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Kevin Biller

Kevin Biller Agent

I am looking at upgrade paths for better two channel sound. I currently am using an Integra 7.1 powering B&W602's in front but would like to replace them with N-805's this fall.

Here is what I have considered: 1.Buy a two or three channel amp to power either the fronts or the front and center, using the integra as a pre-amp. A separate processor would follow eventually, but in all honesty it would be several years down the road. (I am thinking a rotel or a bryston would be a good fit)

2.Buy an integrated amp (looked at the Krell KAV300i (150wx2)). I would hook my CD player directly to it, bypassing the receiver giving a cleaner source route. It also has a pass through mode, so it can be utilized to power the fronts for home theater as well. I am not sure how to incorporate bass management with this option though.

I am not willing to have 2 separate systems for home theater and 2 channel, but would like the best compromise for both. If any one has any other options, I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

2. Kevin Biller

Kevin Biller Agent

Has no one walked a similar to road as myself? I am just looking at various options right now. My B&W dealer has the 1 year old Krell KAV300i on a trade in. I hadn't considered this option before.

One clarification to point 2, the bass management is in reference to 2 channel listening, as the receiver will do the crossover with H.T.

Anyone's suggestions would be greatly appreciated.