What's new

Help me decide next upgrade path. (1 Viewer)

Kevin Biller

Agent
I am looking at upgrade paths for better two channel sound. I currently am using an Integra 7.1 powering B&W602's in front but would like to replace them with N-805's this fall.

Here is what I have considered: 1.Buy a two or three channel amp to power either the fronts or the front and center, using the integra as a pre-amp. A separate processor would follow eventually, but in all honesty it would be several years down the road. (I am thinking a rotel or a bryston would be a good fit)

2.Buy an integrated amp (looked at the Krell KAV300i (150wx2)). I would hook my CD player directly to it, bypassing the receiver giving a cleaner source route. It also has a pass through mode, so it can be utilized to power the fronts for home theater as well. I am not sure how to incorporate bass management with this option though.

I am not willing to have 2 separate systems for home theater and 2 channel, but would like the best compromise for both. If any one has any other options, I am open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Kevin Biller

Agent
Has no one walked a similar to road as myself? I am just looking at various options right now. My B&W dealer has the 1 year old Krell KAV300i on a trade in. I hadn't considered this option before.

One clarification to point 2, the bass management is in reference to 2 channel listening, as the receiver will do the crossover with H.T.

Anyone's suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks