What's new

Help me decide! Energy Vs. Onix Rocket (1 Viewer)

JeanVanDam

Stunt Coordinator
Ok my budget is about $900 to $1000 tops for a 5.1 speaker system, here are the specs, please help me decide!

Contender one:
ENERGY Encore $999 @ The Good Guys
The 6-piece encore system features four encore2 satellite speakers, a matching encore1 center channel, and one encore8 powered subwoofer.
Encore1 Center Channel Speaker

CENTER CHANNEL: Magnetically shielded dual vented bass reflex center channel
Tweeter: 1" (28mm) Aluminum dome with cloth suspension
Woofers: 4" (112mm) Multi-laminated aluminum polycarbonate cone with rubber surround (x2)
Crossover Point: 2.0 kHz
Frequency Response: 70Hz - 22kHz
Room Efficiency: 89 dB
Impedance: 8 ohm compatible
Recommended Amp Power: Up to 125 Watts

VS.:star:

Contender two:
Rocket by Onix Extremely Luscious Theater 1 $899.00
can only be purchase through interent
Rocket components, including the highly acclaimed 5.25" alloy cone woofer featured in the RS 750 Loudspeaker, ELT-1 offers the performance you've come to expect from Rocket at a price that's truly hard to believe. Featuring Cherry-stained Birch enclosures, a hybrid silk-suspended alloy dome tweeter, and a 200W 10" ported subwoofer.

CENTER CHANNEL: Rocket ELT Center - 3 Way design featuring hybrid silk-suspended alloy dome tweeter, custom 2.5" paper composite dedicated midrange driver, (2) custom 5.25" long-throw anodized silver alloy cone woofers

Can anybody tell me what these specs mean? Which one has teh better material? I already auditioned the Energy, and they sound great, I'm scheduling a audition for the Rocket. However, I want to know which ones are better built.
:emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown: ?

BobAlbano

Second Unit
I have a set of Rocket ELT's at my house and I can tell you that the build quality of the speakers is amazing especially at the price they are selling these for. I would audition both and go with the one that sounds better to YOU. For me and my house, I'm a Rocket lover! :cool:

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I can’t comment on the Energy build and material. The Rockets are very well constructed and look great (assuming that you favor wood cabinets).

The center channel in particular for the Rockets is an outstanding speaker.

Let us know what you think after your audition. After all they have to please your ears.

Herb Michelli

Auditioning
I was also looking at both energy and elt rockets and I did hear both sets and hands down the rockets win. The only advantage thet the energy speakers have is that they accept mounts but I found a set of mounts for 50.00 to mount my elt surrounds and the service from av123 is the best in the business... Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks