What's new

Help me cure a confused Mother~ (1 Viewer)

Ashley Rose C

Auditioning
My father just recently bought a projector, his very proud of it. Only problem is my mother, she insists that plasma t.v's are the smarter choice.

Her reason's , are beyond me. I love my fathers projector and cant wait to get a theater of my own. This piece of marvelous equipment is a must. My mother has been blessed so much as to have one, and she complains?

I told her i would prove her wrong, she wont listen to me maybe i can convince her with all of your comments:D

So please help :D Make this woman see

thanks so much

Brian Gi

Stunt Coordinator
I am basing this ammo on the ASSumption that they are north of 50 and like many people at that stagehave certain predictable habits.

Plasma's use much more electricity than a FP.

Plasma's are a phosphor based display and therefore are liable to exhibit some burn in if they, (like most parents) spend a lot of time with The Weather channel and CNN. (Static images along bottom of screen) Ask her if she's ever seen a video monitor at the supermarket or gas station, with the associated burn-in.

Plasma's cannot be repaired, the panel needs replacing at a cost of thousands. (ASSuming HD)

FP is cheaper than plasma.

As eyesight deteriorates with the march of time, FP makes it easier to see what's on TV without searching for her spectacles!

I know it's really hard to change mothers minds, my Mom bought Chryslers for years because, get this, "Kennedy and other Presidential motorcades are always Chryslers." My stock reply was always, "Haven't you heard of the lowest possible bid? If Yugo made a sedan they'd probably be driving those!" It was lost on her.

Plasma's are really heavy, does she want Dad to end up with a hernia operation from trying to lift the thing to mount it on the wall? How much are hernia operations anyway?

If the PJ falls on your head it's about 6.3 lbs, if the Plasma falls on your head it'll kill ya!
Good luck!;)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
For me, the advantages of projectors over plasma TVs are too many to be ignored. Higher resolution; potential for screen sizes larger than even the most cutting edge, expensive plasmas; less susceptibility to burn-in; a more natural, eye-pleasing picture (purely a subjective opinion, I know).

To me, plasmas are aesthetic statements first, and display devices second. I'll take a projector (with their own set of quirks and requirements) over a plasma TV any day.

Ashley Rose C

Auditioning
Thank you so much Brian. My mom say's my fathers head is tough enough....being as he is being so hard headed about this whole thing lol :rolls eyes:

Could you believe that ricardo_c is my Fiancé ? Brian showed me more warmth then my fiance:P....somebody correct me if i am wrong in thinking that i should be a little upset at him??lol

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Uhh, Brian you may want to tell your mother she's been buying the wrong car for over 40 years. The presidential limousine that Kennedy is most famous for riding in was a Lincoln Continental suicide door convertible with a removable (and ironically, bullet proof) bubble top. The bubble top was removed because it was a nice out on that fateful day in Dallas.

She should have been buying Fords.:D

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

That's cold. Ice-like. Chilly. Freezing :b

I was just answering your question, queen of mine. It's just hard to write lovey dovey prose while putting down plasmas at the same time ;)

John S

Senior HTF Member
I can see the attraction of a plasma screen and respect that being her choice of display. :)

We all have our preferences.. Mine is still CRT projection, front or rear so what the heck do I know?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks