Help me convince a friend to go with SVS!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jesse Sharrow, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

I have a friend that works with me in car audio. He is about to buy a full boston VR system... VR2's, VRC, and VRX's. He is trying to decide between a 25-31PCI and a Boston PV900. I know Im not suppossed to say this but the SVS would be about $200 more. He doesnt really want to spend it. We are going to Ron's on wednesday to listen to a BP1-ISD. So I think that should do it.

Is there anything I can show him online. Im gonna have him read a review or two. Basically what I want is input from anyone with an SVS to tell him what to do. He has heard and FELT my 20-39PC+ he loves it. But he isnt sure if he wants to spend the extra money.

2. Nick P

Nick P Second Unit

Best bet would be to see if the Boston dealer will loan out a demo sub and take it to Ron's place on Wednesday for a side by side comparison. That should do the trick.

3. John F. Palacio

John F. Palacio Supporting Actor

Well... then is up to him. You've done your best to steer him to an SVS, now the ball is on his court. No?

4. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Steal his wallet and use his own credit card to order an SVS for him! Yes its extreme, but after reading months of your posts on SVS vs The World, I couldn't deal any more of it (ie. SVS vs Boston), especially since you influence this person.[​IMG]

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, and he'll forgive you in a few weeks for stealing his wallet I'm sure.[​IMG]

PS: Order him a copy of The Matrix Revolutions on DVD at the same time. he'll need a bass refrence for that new subwoofer.

5. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Supporting Actor

6. Jesse Sharrow

Robb: Thank you. Your reveiw should be very helpful.

7. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

The PB1-ISD and the 25-31PCi should perform very similarly. I think if he hears a PB1-ISD at Ron's place, that would certainly be indicative of what to expect from a 25-31PCi.

If you are looking for a formal on-line review of the PB1-ISD, click the hotlink in my signature block and show him that. Also, the John Johnson review of the 25-31PCi (hotlinked from the SVS website) is another good reference.

Regards,

Ed

8. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

1. Make him listen to yours and Ron's then have him listen to the same material on a Boston. They do make good subs but IMHO they are overmatched here. The $200 bucks he spends more on now will be good because if he buys the Boston then the upgrade bug bites after hearing an SVS(say yours) then its likely he'll take a loss trying to sell it.

$200 more spent now is nothing and is likely to save him more down the road when the upgrade bug tends to bite. Spend more now, save more in the future is my saying.

9. Jesse Sharrow

Well the thing is shane. That he will be getting this at a very nice accomadation from boston 60% off

So he proably will make a gain if he ever does sell it. But he does love my sub. Plus we dont carry boston anymore, nor does anyone near us so we cant go listen to it.

10. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

If your friend has heard your 20-39PC+ and still doesn't think it is worht the money, he is beyond help. I wouldn't worry about convincing him to buy an SVS anymore, I'd worry about whether or not to ever talk to him again...

11. terence

terence Supporting Actor

LMAO! Great tag line from the Dave Chappelle Show.

Now back to the regular schedule thread. [​IMG]

12. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

It is pretty easy to spend someone else’s money.

After all, better sound (or low bass) is not that important to everyone—or even very many.

13. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    I have the PV900, and while I haven't experienced the bass nirvana that is apparently SVS, I find my sub to be quite nice, worth what I paid (less than retail, more than your friend).

Not trying to dissuade your attempt to steer your friend to SVS, just saying he won't be stuck with a crappy sub should he choose the Boston.

'Sides, gotta stick up for my own[​IMG] !!!

14. terence

terence Supporting Actor

I ani't mad @ ya! [​IMG]

15. Jesse Sharrow

Well he ordred his boston speakers.

Vr2 towers, VRC center, and VRX surrounds. We went over to rons and listened to the PB1-ISD. It was nice but it didnt have as much output as mine. But I still think its a better sub than anything else he would get. But if made him think and now he is going to try to wait and save up for a 16-46PC+! :-D Mission accomplished! I hope he doesnt change his mind like someone I know (or am).... **wink** **wink** [​IMG]