What's new

help me choose a system (1 Viewer)

alfonso raman

Auditioning
i am interested in a totally new system (tv, dvd, sound). I already know i will get a plasma tv or projector (i have little space)and for dvd, what is good for the price? i would prefer if it had bnc connections. as for audio, i like bassy music and action movies so bass is a plus. i would like a medium power reciever or seperates with 80 or more watts/channel. i will have more movies than music and have space for large speakers. the budget is around 6-14k for dvd and audio. any help is apreciated. plasma recs. would be good, too.

Bob_Nelson

Auditioning
Well if you are going to get a plasma TV then your budget is fairly big. Look at the Pioneer Elite series of equipment. They are pretty pricey but very good. As for speakers I have heard the Paradigm series are very good. Bose are good except everything I have read is that they are overpriced. Sony makes a 61" LCD HD TV for $7800 that is pretty impressive.

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
alfonso,
A friend of mine recently asked me to outline what kind of a system he could put together for a similar amount. I sent him an email with a lot of specifics. I'd be happy to forward the email to you, just to give you some ideas, if you wish. My email is: [email protected]
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks