help me choose a sub.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by tas, May 31, 2004.

1. tas

tas Auditioning

My room is 12.5ft W x 22L x 7.6 H. I am looking at HSU vtf-2, SVS don't know which one may be Pb1? It will be used for movies. I can get the HSU from CompUSA for $350 with no tax.

Any suggetions will be greatly appreciated.[​IMG]

Tas

2. paul clipsel

paul clipsel Stunt Coordinator

The VTF-2 at $350 do you mean STF-2? I don't think CompUSA sells anything from Hsu other than the STF-2 and the Hsu speakers. I got my VTF-3MK2 direct from Hsu as they are the only ones who sell it. The PB1-ISD is more in line with the STF-3 than the STF-2 so if your budget extends to $600 then the STF-3 is the unit to be looking at in Hsu's range and the PB1-ISD in the Svs range. I like the way the Hsu's sound myself but YMMV.

PC

3. Craig Chase

Craig Chase Gear Guru

Craig
    Tas -Paul is right, the STF-2 is $349 at Comp USA... and is a really good deal... The least expensive SVS ia a BIG cylinder (25-31 PCi), and is $549...

If your budget is under $400, The Hsu is Killer...

4. tas

tas Auditioning

You guys are right I meant STF-2. Will the STF-2 fill the room.

Thanks

Tas

5. Cam McFarland

Cam McFarland Supporting Actor

I run an STF-2 in a room that is 17X20 with 12' a vaulted ceiling, there are 2 "door" openings & one ~7ft opening
    on side at back.

The STF-2 will absolutely fill the room. It has no problem knocking pictures over on shelves & rumbling the couch located ~12ft away!

But I am already feeling the "I want more/upgrade" bug..lol

6. paul clipsel

paul clipsel Stunt Coordinator

From what I heard at the show earlier this year the stf2 is very capable of filling a decent sized room.

PC

7. cabreau

cabreau Second Unit

I've heard good things about the STF-2, but I've never heard one...the same goes for the SVS line. What I HAVE heard and liked, I have owned. Paradigm PDR-10 was a good one, in my opinion. I heard the PS-1000 at a Paradigm dealer, but was not impressed at all. Now I have a Paradigm PW-2200 and I love it.

For a smaller room like that, a PDR-10 would probably be fine, but if the HSU is better and at the same price, might as well get that one.