What's new

help me choose a sub. (1 Viewer)

tas

Auditioning
My room is 12.5ft W x 22L x 7.6 H. I am looking at HSU vtf-2, SVS don't know which one may be Pb1? It will be used for movies. I can get the HSU from CompUSA for $350 with no tax.

Any suggetions will be greatly appreciated.:)

Tas

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator
The VTF-2 at $350 do you mean STF-2? I don't think CompUSA sells anything from Hsu other than the STF-2 and the Hsu speakers. I got my VTF-3MK2 direct from Hsu as they are the only ones who sell it. The PB1-ISD is more in line with the STF-3 than the STF-2 so if your budget extends to $600 then the STF-3 is the unit to be looking at in Hsu's range and the PB1-ISD in the Svs range. I like the way the Hsu's sound myself but YMMV.

PC

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Tas -Paul is right, the STF-2 is $349 at Comp USA... and is a really good deal... The least expensive SVS ia a BIG cylinder (25-31 PCi), and is $549...

If your budget is under $400, The Hsu is Killer...

tas

Auditioning
You guys are right I meant STF-2. Will the STF-2 fill the room.

Thanks

Tas

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I run an STF-2 in a room that is 17X20 with 12' a vaulted ceiling, there are 2 "door" openings & one ~7ft opening
on side at back.

The STF-2 will absolutely fill the room. It has no problem knocking pictures over on shelves & rumbling the couch located ~12ft away!

But I am already feeling the "I want more/upgrade" bug..lol

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator
From what I heard at the show earlier this year the stf2 is very capable of filling a decent sized room.

PC

cabreau

Second Unit
I've heard good things about the STF-2, but I've never heard one...the same goes for the SVS line. What I HAVE heard and liked, I have owned. Paradigm PDR-10 was a good one, in my opinion. I heard the PS-1000 at a Paradigm dealer, but was not impressed at all. Now I have a Paradigm PW-2200 and I love it.

For a smaller room like that, a PDR-10 would probably be fine, but if the HSU is better and at the same price, might as well get that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks