What's new

Help me choose a portable dvd player... (1 Viewer)

Steve Clayton

Auditioning
I have it narrowed down (a bit anyway) to the following, but am having a hell of a time making a decision because I can't actually see any of these within a 100 mile radius of south eastern Connecticut!
Panasonic dvd-lv70/75
Seems to get the most consistently good reviews, good availabilty and price, the 75 has DD and DTS decoding
toshiba SD-P1500
Seems to be the newest. Always impressed with Toshiba quality, 8" screen, no reviews out, no decoding
Sharp DV-L80
8" screen, Dolby Pro Logic decoding, several reviews...but inconsistent rating of picture quality
Any help ???

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
my friend has a panasonic lv75 he got for his b-day. (lucky man!) i took a trip with him once and we hooked up a headphone amp and 2 pairs of Sennheisers. Wow. for a portable player, i was amazed.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
If you can find a Toshiba SD-P1000 that's the one to get. It's the only progressve scan portable on the market. The difference it makes on even a portable screen is amazing if you compare it side by side with any other model. The picture is photo-sharp. The screen is only 5.8" which some people think is too small. I can't stress enough that the picture more than makes up for it.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I went to Pricescan.com and found the Toshiba DVD Player SD-P1000 for $569.
I just ordered it!
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on October 21, 2001 at 04:59 AM]

Ian R

Agent
I've had the Panasonic LA85 for about 6 months now. The picture is amazing. It's a great player. Unfortuantely, I'm probably going to sell it because I never use it.
I researched a few of them. The most recommendations I got were for the Pannasonic and Pioneer.
Ian R

AllenD

Second Unit
How about a lap top with a dvd drive in it?
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks