help me choose a few games, folks

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Aug 23, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

which one is the best in syphon filter games? 1,2 or 3?

which one is the best :
    planescape torment, baldurs gate 1, 2, icewind dale 1, 2 ?

which one is the best in command and conquer series?

BIG thanks to you all!

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I'd say the first Syphon Filter is the one to get if you've never played them before. Parts 2 and 3 are just more of the same. The first one is great because at the time of release there weren't many games like it out there. Definitely worth the 10-20 bucks it goes for now.

3. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

I only played the first Syphon Filter, not a huge fan of those style of games on the consoles, but it was decent fun. For the playtime and spy imitating I got to do, definitely worth it. Not enough opportunity to snipe though [​IMG].
    Of the RPGs, I've only played Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape: Torment, but I can say without doubt that Planescape is my all-time favorite RPG. The storyline is just flat-out amazing, and the way the game constructs itself around your character's abilities is awesome. BG2 is good too though, and I had a ton of fun with that one as well, can't go wrong with either.
    My favorite C&C game of the three I've played (Tiberium Dawn, Red Alert, and Red Alert 2) is Red Alert 2. Well-balanced, quick-playing. Just don't play anybody online who uses the Koreans, it's a cheap win. I prefer it to StarCraft, but I'm not a huge Blizzard strat fan :p)

4. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

I agree as well, SF set the standard for the series, after that, no more innovations. Just variations of SF.

-Bert

5. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

more opinion please!

6. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

I enjoyed the original Syphon Filter and for the price it can be had at now it's worth getting. Not amazing or "revolutionary"... not Metal Gear Solid, let's put it that way, but a fun game.

My only problem with it was:

Why do they always have to put in a friggin helicopter fight?