1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help me buy a good high quality DVD player!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis_N, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Dennis_N

Dennis_N Agent

I am purchasing a DVD player as a gift for a friend and of course, I can't ask what he wants.....I do remember him talking about a progressive scan DVD player, he also said it must have some specific type of processor (of course I don't know which one). He said there were 3 types of processors and 2 of them were MUCH better than the third one. He wants it to play MP3's, CD's, obviously DVD's, VCD's, and basically anything else while being a changer too (5 disk). I read a few posts on here and saw the Sony 700p and the Panasonic rp56 we recommended a lot. I haven't done the research yet, but do either of these meet all of the requirements? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
    Dennis

If you could also lead me in the right direction as to where to buy these products online, that owuld also be helpful!!!!

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Hello Dennis,
    The changer requirement eliminates the two you mentioned. Actually that requirement helps to refine the process as there are only a few models which meet your friend's needs.
    Here's a few helpful sites:
    http://www.etronics.net/video-dvd-pl...-changers.html
    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=6&s=0&g=54500
    I suggest you click on as many as possible to bring yourself up to speed on what they offer. Also, this way you will be able to see the price differences which can vary considerably.

3. MikhailL

MikhailL Extra

I think Panasonics are considered the most versatile (RP-56's chip is rated very well in the price range). The Toshiba has been in the business the longest and are well regarded too. I personally just got a Sony NS900V and love it so far.