What's new

Help me build a Sub (1 Viewer)

Bill W.

Stunt Coordinator
Here's what I looking at. I was about to order an SVS sub when I started reading about the Tumult.

So I have decided to either:

1. Build my own Tumult based sub, or:

2. Order an SVS 16, (one of the versions) I haven't decided which.

The sub will go in a fairly large living room, approx. 20x15 with 9 foot ceilings, which has 2 large 6 foot wide openings into the entry way and dining room. The entryway has an 18-25 foot vaulted ceiling.

I would like it to go at least to 16 Hz, size is not an issue, as it will fit nicely behind my existing towers.

All help and comments will be appreciated.

Bill

Bill W.

Stunt Coordinator
I can build, The construction isn't an issue, just don't know how to figure appropriate size, vent/no vent etc.

Budget is whatever is necessary within reason.

Sebastian

Second Unit
If you have the money Just buy the SVS, you will not be disappointed. Easier, no fuss and more time to enjoy it!!!
Unless of course you enjoy long hours in the shop
:D

Bill W.

Stunt Coordinator
I like the hands on stuff, would like a little better performance than the SVS, If that is possible for the same money.

KurtJ

Stunt Coordinator
I emailed adire 5Dec2002. Web site designs for Tumult are a few months away and LspCAD designs for all their drivers will be complete in Spring 2003. If you can't wait, get one of the software programs and have some fun. Or perhaps someone here could model some designs for you.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
The SVS models are very nice but if you like to build your own items and would enjoy the project then I suggest making your own. That way you can finish it to match your room, customize the sound the way you want it, and have the satisfaction of knowing you built it yourself. I say go for the project and we can help you design an enclosure that will fit your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks