Help me build a sonotube SUB???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by rodneyH, Mar 28, 2002.

1. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

I have the old SVS driver and upgraded my 25-31s driver. Now I have a spare driver, after looking at how much this quality of driver is worth (in speaker catalogs) I decided that it would be stupid to send it back and only felt $40. I would imagine that I could build one fairly cheap (I even have a spare NAD 240W amp sitting around). Now are any links to good instructions on how to build 1. I could copy the SVS exactly and that seems fairly easy, but I was looking for other ideas (I would probably do it a similar size though). I have though about, instead of using the "sock" over it, using a vaneer, and staining it black, I did that with a pair of DIY speaks a while back and it looked pretty cool (but it wouldn't match my SVS perfect, so that might be a little odd), what do you pros think??

any sites for instruction?? or any other help on how to build and finish a project (I am not familair with working with a sono tube at all)??

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

Start here
    http://members.tripod.com/~terrycthe...um/page12.html
    Then use the T/S parameters of the SVS driver to design what you want. The T/S parameters have been published in a post on this DIY forum a search will locate them. Otherwise make an identical copy of the SVS tube