What's new

Help me build a HT (1 Viewer)

Sunil*N

Grip
Hello All,

Happy New Year! My new year resolution is to build a HT. I have got a good start as well. I bought a Onkyo receiver (SR503) and already have DVD player/writer, VCR, CD Player system.

What speakers you guys suggest for a medium size room? I want satelites as I am not big fan of large loud speakers. I think 5.1 should be enough for now. My budget is around 500 to 700 dollars for speaker system, including a sub.

Also SR503 has 3 composite a/v inputs. What brand cable you suggest to go with my Pioneer DVD writer, Go video DVD/VCR and Adelphia Cable box?

Help me build this thing as it will be my first.

Thanks in advance.

Sunil

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Happy New Year to you, Sunil. And welcome to Home Theater Forum.

FYI, since you are asking specifically about which budget speaker suite to buy, I've moved your post to the Speakers/Subs area. The Basics area is strictly for general discussion at the beginner level, not for asking about what (and where) to buy. For that, go to the specific hardware-related area.

Best of luck on getting started.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy 3 pair of JBL E30's from best Price Audio and call it done, for full 6.1,,,,

If this also needs to include subs?? Get two bargain Parts Express 12" Advent $99 subs... That would be a pretty darn imressive sounding system.

The speakers are not tiny stalites, more like bookshelfs on the smallish side.

best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks