What's new

Help Match Speakers to My New Amp (1 Viewer)

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
So the search for new speakers will commence soon. I don't plan on buying for at least a year, but I want to get an idea of where to look for speakers. I just got my Earthquake Cinenova Grande 5. Assuming that price is *almost* not object, what 5.1 or even 7.1 setup would work nicely with the Cinenova 5? So far, all I've auditioned is the Paradigm Studio series in my local HiFi store and really liked the sound. So help a brother out and tell me what you think would go well with my amp.

Thanks much!

John Royster

Screenwriter
Mat,

Generally you pick the speakers first and then find an amp for them. :)

Revel, thiel, B&W nautilus would be a nice start for auditioning.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
You might want to check out some of the factory direct guys...like ACI, GR Research, Axiom, Norh, Onix, etc.

You definately get more bang for your buck. Speakers are very subjective and I'm not here to say speaker A is better than speaker B...you have to listen for yourself.

I just went from a 5.1 Paradigm Studio series to a pair of ACI 25th anniversary Sapphires. Even with only a couple of hours on these babies (I opened them today), I can already tell the tweeter is more to my liking than the Paradigm Ref's.

Now that you have the amp, the real fun starts. Research, and audition a bunch of stuff. Find out what works best in your room, your environment. That's the best litmus test. That's why some of these factory direct guys have the right idea. Thirty days in home trial in your house to see if it's what you are looking for. Can't beat that.

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the insight Evan. All of those brands I've been looking into, but I have yet to audition and hear them.

John, guess I'm not 'general', eh old man?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks