1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Marantz SR-8500 or Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXi?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Steven Stock, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Steven Stock

Steven Stock Auditioning

I have heard both through B&W 600 series and liked both. The Marantz was worm with more head room. The Pioneer 74 had tighter sub and more fetchers. I have no need for HDMI right now. (70% Movies 30%Music)

They will be running Paradigm Studio 60s front L/R, cc-470 center, 40s rear L/R and Seismic 12 Sub. I got to here the Pioneer through this setup but not the Marantz. I like the Paradigm's over B&W's.

Which one will sound the best through this setup?

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

I'm a fan of marantz over the pio elite stuff, but the elite stuff is pretty nice. I think either way would be a fine choice. You seem to watch more movies than music, so features may be important. If you were very heavy on the music I would recommend the marantz more strongly, but the pio's features may be more useful for a movie setup for instance.

3. Yong Chan

Yong Chan Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Chris. If you like both, then go with the one that has more features. I bought the Elite vsx72. HDMI switching is great. It makes for a lot easier time with cable management.

YC

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Marantz fan here also, so that would be my preference. For mostly movies, it's a toss up. Marantz is fine with movies, but I think either will do well for what you want.