What's new

Help Marantz SR-8500 or Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXi? (1 Viewer)

Steven Stock

Auditioning
I have heard both through B&W 600 series and liked both. The Marantz was worm with more head room. The Pioneer 74 had tighter sub and more fetchers. I have no need for HDMI right now. (70% Movies 30%Music)

They will be running Paradigm Studio 60s front L/R, cc-470 center, 40s rear L/R and Seismic 12 Sub. I got to here the Pioneer through this setup but not the Marantz. I like the Paradigm's over B&W's.

Which one will sound the best through this setup?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I'm a fan of marantz over the pio elite stuff, but the elite stuff is pretty nice. I think either way would be a fine choice. You seem to watch more movies than music, so features may be important. If you were very heavy on the music I would recommend the marantz more strongly, but the pio's features may be more useful for a movie setup for instance.

Yong Chan

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Chris. If you like both, then go with the one that has more features. I bought the Elite vsx72. HDMI switching is great. It makes for a lot easier time with cable management.

YC

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Marantz fan here also, so that would be my preference. For mostly movies, it's a toss up. Marantz is fine with movies, but I think either will do well for what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks