What's new

Help! Losing my mind trying to decide between DLP and LCD... (1 Viewer)

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
This may have been due to what they were feeding the TV's, if they had DVD's set on 480i or something of that manner it would look bad

Robert-J

Auditioning
Agreed...garbage in, garbage out. I've never seen any distortion like you are describing.

Anyway, I've had the weekend to play the the Samsung and I am very pleased. For the analog stuff it is about the same as my old Sony 32". The HD is amazing though! I couldn't believe the PQ...especially on the iMAX stuff that INHD (comcast)airs. I am still trying to get all the settings tweaked to my liking. (ordering the Avia disc today)

Overall, great TV at a reasonable price.

Jonathan T.

Stunt Coordinator

Tha absoultely was not the case. Every TV was being fed the same high quality 1080i feed, through the same component video cables. It was a direct side by side comparison, and it was not subtle.

Nor was it limited to one TV, or I would have dismissed it as a bad sample, it was EVERY single DLP in the place, worst on the samsungs. EVERY LCD (and Plasma for that matter) displayed the same scene (a montage of skyscrapers) with ruler straight lines.

If you haven't seen it, I suppose you haven't looked for it. Next time you have the opprotunity, compare a samsung DLP to an LCD and I am sure you will see pincushion dostortion.

Mike Milillo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Robert, do you still like the Samsung? I was reading these old threads to help my shopping. Your set is one of the ones I was thinking about. Anything to add, now that some time has passed?

And, is the HL-R5067W pretty much the same set with a 50 inch screen? thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks