1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Looking for show!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by KimMe, Feb 18, 2005.

1. KimMe

KimMe Auditioning

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but everybody seems so knowledgeable! I had someone ask me if I remembered this show. I don't and hoped maybe someone else did. Does anyone know the title and if it is out/due to come out on DVD?

There was a show on around the same time that ER and Chicago Hope started (I think). It was about a feudal Lord who lived in a castle and had a tomboyish daughter and also a son. There was a cute cousin or something living there too and a wizard. They spent a lot of time fighting this evil sorceress and her henchmen if I remember right and there was also a good dragon involved.

It was only on for 5 or 6 episodes and I loved it! I can't remember the name for the life of me and no one else seems to ever know what I'm talking about

Thanks so much for any help!

2. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I remember a show called Covington Cross that I think was from about that time. It had people with a modern mindset in the age of nobility, of knights and kings and the like. I do not remember a dragon, it seemed like a medieval family soap opera. I remember a cute teenage girl, women's lib type but not to the point of annoyance, with long red hair as a central figure in the story. Her father was there, they lived in a castle and there was a monk not unlike one would associate with Friar Tuck of Robin In The Hood Fame yet he had the evil eye or something. He was good, kind hearted just crossed eyed. I do not remember a dragon there but maybe. There was a comedy from about the same time give or take five years with a puppet dragon named Scorch.

3. KimMe

KimMe Auditioning

Thank you! I'll let her know![​IMG]

4. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

Besides the cousin and a brother that show almost sounds like Fox's Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog that came on in the Summer of 1998. It was kind of Medieval version of Power Rangers. As they had suits and weapons that gave them powers. But there was an evil sorceress and a good dragon. I don't think this is the show that your friend was thinking of but it made me think of this one.

5. TomJC

TomJC Extra

That's almost certainly Covington Cross. It had a pretty decent cast, if I remember correctly. Nigel Terry and Cherie Lunghi from "Excalibur", plus Ione Skye and Glenn Quinn. Good stuff.

6. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    I forgot to mention, I have not heard anything about this coming to DVD but I would gladly purchase it on DVD. It was my favorite show and I never missed it even though it was knocked off constantly by stupid ABC.

7. KimMe

KimMe Auditioning

Covington Cross was the show she was looking for. I knew someone here would know. Thanks so much everyone!