Help! Lines on my Sony TV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by KwongC, Sep 3, 2003.

1. KwongC

KwongC Agent

I have a Sony Wega TV and lately, I've been noticing these curved green lines towards the top of the screen. The are green and curve downward. You can only see them when the screen is black of course. They kind of look like the lines you get if you place an un-magnetically shielded speaker near it. I currently have a set of Infiniti Entra Point Five satellites on either side (about a foot away from the TV on either side) and the center channel sits on top of the TV. However, I know that all these speakers are magnetically shielded. Just to check, I removed the center channel and placed it elsewhere, but the lines are still there.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks!

2. DavidES

DavidES Stunt Coordinator

Do black and white pictures (gray scale tracking) look good with tint control set to factory default - any slight predominate coloring - red, green, blue, magenta, cyan, or yellow? If there is some then you need tv tech house call.

The de-gaussing circuit failure, if there is one, would also need a house call.

The pincushion circuit might also be borderline failed. If so house call. If you have Avia check the geometry tests. That will definitely show any pincushion.

If still under warranty take it to service center.

This page shows some major symptom pics and the pincushion is at the bottom.

3. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

Have you checked the geometry settings of the set? If the vertical position setting has become off for some reason, that may be causing it?