Help!!! JVC JX-S111 + Xbox = Problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark_A_C, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Mark_A_C

Mark_A_C Agent

I just recently got the JVC JX-S111 switcher unit to connect both my DVD player and my Xbox with component cables. I'm using the Monster cables for the Xbox, not the 1st party HD pak that most people seem to use on this forum in my searches. Anyways, the problem is when the Xbox is turned on I get a rippling in the picture, both DVD and Xbox. I tried switching it from input one and two, same problem. Anyone else experience this???

2. Chris Duran

Chris Duran Stunt Coordinator

Did you try to directly connect either the XBOX or the DVD player, instead of using the switcher? Did it have the same effect?

3. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    Mark, I have an Xbox (with a high def pack), GameCube and PS2 running through my JX-S111 and the picture is rock solid on all three. I'd say try a different switcher input (if you haven't already). The next step is to pick up an Xbox high def pack and see if that corrects the problem. The JX-S111 is totally passive, so unless one of the inputs is somehow messed up, it's probably not the problem. Take the Monster cable out of the equation and see what happens.

Gary

4. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I've also got the JVC switcher hooked up to my Xbox & PS2). No issues with the picture at all. I just wish they get the darn digital interface stuff figured out and shipping - too many cables! [​IMG]

5. Mark_A_C

Mark_A_C Agent

Well I picked up a MS HD pack from Bestbuy for 15 bucks and it does the same thing. The DVD player looks fine when the Xbox is not turned on. I'm thinking it's probably my Xbox, or it could be something with the switcher...

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

did you enable HD and progressive scan in the dashboard?

7. Mark_A_C

Mark_A_C Agent

Nope, because my TV isn't HD. I'm seriously thinking about getting a new Xbox, because this one is getting dirty disk errors every now and again also.

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Try renting an Xbox first, just to see if it's the Xbox & not the switcher.

-Dave

9. Mark_A_C

Mark_A_C Agent

Well, last night I got a chance to hook the Xbox up to my TV directly, and I could barely make out the ripples. So I guess they where there all along, but I never noticed until the splitter seemed to magnify the problem.

I'm getting a new Xbox...

10. Mark_A_C

Mark_A_C Agent

UPDATE
    Hey guys, thanks for all the help. I just wanted to let you know that I got a new Xbox last night, and it works flawlessly.