What's new

Help - JVC Digital Video Driver probs (1 Viewer)

Angela_S

Auditioning
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this so forgive me if I've put it in the wrong area (I could not find a HELP area).

I have just got a JVC GR DVP5 digital video camera and am having real problems connecting it to me pc.

When I try to add new hardware it recognises it as a JVC model but says that windows XP has not 'digitally signed it'. I can use the webcam however this is of little use since i bought the camera to make and change movies on my pc.

It is connected via USB.
However when i click on 'my computer' it doesnt seem to recognise it as a removable disk. Other usb connected hardware works fine.

Does anyone else have one of these and use windows XP? If so could you please let me know how you got it to work? If there is a driver and where. I have already checked the jvc pages and nothing.

Thanks for your help

angela
:b

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If you're trying to transfer video, you need to do that via firewire. Only stills will go down USB

Angela_S

Auditioning
Thanks Jeff,
I should have clarified really. We were using the usb just as a connection to at least get the software working but it is a missing driver that is the problem, it's not even checking the flash card for the pictures that are on it. This is a 'state of the art' digital video camera which incorporates a stills camera also. Neither is working, the odd thing is the webcam function is. I am assuming this is something to do with a direct input? ie it doesnt need to look for a driver if its just a webcam?
Is there any other way of connecting this camera to a pc? If I buy a software pack is it still going to be looking for this driver that doesnt exist? I assume it's still going to look for the driver even if I get a firewire connector?
Here's a link for the type of camera:
JVC GR DP5 Digital Camera

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It should do fine with existing firewire software. If I put up a still on the camera screen with mine I can transfer it as video through firewire. Check JVC's site for troubleshooting and/or call them I'd say

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks