What's new

Help: Is there a search engine for lyrics which returns the song title?? (1 Viewer)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Hey guys,

I was wondering. Is there a website that can help me find the names of some songs and the artists? I know some of the lyrics of some of these songs, and a search engine where I could type in partial lyrics and it returns possible song/title/artist matches would be great.

Thanks,
Dan

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
www.google.com would be a great start, seriously.
if not for your specific song, then it will help you find some lyric databases, the ones that haven't been shut down yet.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
www.lyrics.ch used to be the best lyrics engine on the 'net. They were shutdown because of legal threats. The website is still there, but it's not in a language I understand.
I would use google too.

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
If you get really desperate you could always try CDnow.com. They have some little service where you e-mail someone as much as you know about a song (lyrics, type of music, male/female, etc.) and they try to find the song you're looking for. I've used it once and they e-mailed me with the right song and artist.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
I look up the bands a lot of times on www.ubl.com as they will provide links to whatever band your interested in, and then go from there. Can take a while to find a good site with the lyrics you're looking for, but I usually will get there.
Chris

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Be aware that songmeanings.net contains for the most part (in absence of official lyrics from the artists) fan estimations of lyrics and they get some of the words wrong more often than not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks