1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Help - Info/ID needed on this (remixed) song "Owner of a Lonely Sexbomb Heart"

Discussion in 'Music' started by Scott Barnhart, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

A friend of mine gave me an MP3 that he got from some nebulous chain of friends. It is named/titled simply "Green Hits - Owner of a Lonely Sexbomb Heart" and it is, unsurprisingly, a remix combining Yes's Owner of a Lonely Heart and Tom Jones' Sexbomb.

I really like this song, and have searched the Internet on and off for years trying to dig something up on this - who did it, did they do any other songs, etc. So far, no joy.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks,

2. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

The whole genre known as "mash-ups" takes the acapella version of one song and the instrumental version of another and mixes them together. Most of these are are done by DJs either live or with software like ACID. (I've done many myself.) Most are limited to internet trading groups or "white label" DJ pressings. Occasionally, they become so big that they get released commercially; Kylie Minogue actually released "Can't Get Blue Monday Out of My Head" as a bonus track on one of the singles from the CD "Fever". I will post an inquiry on the message boards of one I frequent and see if anyone can help out!

3. Scott Barnhart

Scott Barnhart Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the help, Eric. I appreciate it!