What's new

Help in Placing Surrounds (1 Viewer)

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
Due to the creative design of our living room and furniture placement it is very difficult to properly install surround speakers.

I have inserted a link to a scaled drawing of our living room. Please review and give me your suggestions for better surround speaker installation. Note that the primary listening positions are the two recliners.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...146&p=YUb49m1W

Please do not hesitate to suggest new positions for the surround speakers. Measurements can be viewed on the drawing.

PLEASE NOTE: You will notice the drawing is a Bose utility. This does not necessarily mean that my surrounds will necessarily be Bose. As a last ditch measure I may consider the extreme option of purchasing a small satellite speaker system from Infinity, Boston, Polk, Kilpsch, Definitive or Bose.

Current hardware:
HK AVR 525, Denon DVD 2200, Speakers- Infinity Alpha 50's, Inf 12" Sub, Inf Alpha 10's, Inf Alpha 20's and Inf Alpha 37c Center.

There is NOT room for the Alpha 20's as surrounds.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
LPatrick

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
Man, that's a tough one. You may want to put the right surround speaker between the couch and big recliner on the wall the couch is on where the cabinet is in the drawing. The left surround may be as good as it's going to get. After you get the new speakers, let someone hold them where they may be able to go, and you can sit in the listening position to determine the best final spot. Good luck.

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
Thanks for the reply. Please help me out a bit further and clarify the last portion of your statement about the right surround.

"You may want to put the right surround speaker between the couch and big recliner ...........on the wall the couch is on where the cabinet is in the drawing........

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
In the drawing, between the couch and the big recliner, there is a cabinet. Move the cabinet and place speaker on that wall. If you were sitting on the couch facing out, of course, and were on the far left of the couch, the surround would be over your left shoulder. Since the main listening position will be from the two recliners, this may be the best.

Louisp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Louis Patrick
Thanks Eddie. I implamented your suggestion and agree that this is the best solution to my difficult situation.

Best regards,
L. Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks