What's new

Help in picking up a Subwoofer to pair up with my MB Quart S830? (1 Viewer)

Tim_

Stunt Coordinator
I can't not decide to get a SVS, HSU or JBL S120P. Money wise JBL is the best bang for the buck as less then $300 but would I be giving up too much performance?

Another question is do I really need the performance from the 12" SVS or HSU? I know they are the best in its own price range but does it really out class JBL by doubling the price?

I need some opinion from them as these subwoofer are not locally available for me to test drive it. So, I'm gonna have to take your words for it. I hate it but its better then buying some crap from bestbuy, circuitcity or Goodguy. Or Paying extra extra from magnolia theatre or Wilshire entertainment which non of them offer any of the sub I mention above.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
If money is a concern, you can't go wrong with the SVS PB-10. I have one and it sounds better than a lot of subs that cost more than twice as much.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The S120PII got a decent review from Tom Nousaine, but I also know two people who have owned them and neither of them were happy with it, and both had similar comments. I have a PB-10 also and I can tell you, it's very tough to beat at the price point. I've also owned a VTF-2 (v1) and it was also a great sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks