What's new

Help in Identifying Music from Dark City Trailer... (1 Viewer)

Travis W.

Second Unit
On the theatrical trailer featured on the Dark City DVD I have been trying to figure out what the name of the song is. It plays throughout the trailer and I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
"SLEEP NOW" by Hughes Hall. Its on the Dark City Soundtrack. I own it, and Im not sure...it may be a piece of music composed exclusively for the trailer. The version on the soundtrack is similar... but has added dialogue from the film. One of the strangers saying "sleep... now"

If you dont own the soundtrack, I highley reccomend it. For that piece and Trevor Jones' "YOU HAVE THE POWER". Powerful music.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
A second recommendation for the soundtrack. Great music. As for the trailer, I still rate that Dark City trailer as the best movie trailer ever made. The mood, look, music, all revealing pretty much nothing about what the movie is.

ScottFH

Stunt Coordinator
Jason,

I have to agree with you about the "Dark City" trailer... with this qualifier:

it ties for Best Trailer Ever with the MIA original theatrical trailer for "Blade Runner", which to my knowledge has not been seen since first shown way back when - I recall it took my breath away, and the audience reaction in the theater where I saw it was dead silence: you could've heard a pin drop when it was over... stunning!

;)

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
If your only interested in the song thats on the trailer be warned its only like a minute long...Had I known that before hand I would have just recorded the music from the trailer onto a CD and saved the $13.

Travis W.

Second Unit
Great, thanks for the help guys. I don't know why I just didn't try getting the soundtrack first, dealing with a real mind here ;) .

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
Most of the time the trailer music isn't on the soundtracks. It just happens to be with Dark City.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks