Help in deciding

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by JuanNarvaez, Mar 24, 2004.

1. JuanNarvaez

JuanNarvaez Agent

Hey guys I'm about to start building my house in a couple of months, and I have separated a room (16 by 18)for my HT and a bar. I have looked around on speakers and have decided on the JBL Northridge series with a PB-12, but the problem is that I can't decide on the screen. I don't which would be better a projection TV(about 50 in.) or a projector. I am currently running satellite, cable, and dvd player. Any help?

2. Scott.J

Scott.J Extra

Id go projection TV. If you got a projector the pcture would be altered depending on the amount of light was in the room.

3. Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley Second Unit

I think if the room will be used for movies AND television, I would start out with a nice projection set, and then sometime later on you can also install a projector and a dropdown screen. I guess there are 2 reasons behind my reasoning:
    1. You won't burn out the life of your projector watching normal TV stuff, you can watch the everyday material on the 'regular' TV, and
    2. If you're building the house, you can always prewire, or at least run some empty conduits for the projector, and maybe build in a little soffit to hide the location of a future motorized screen or something.

4. Paul His

Paul His Agent

If you have a dedicated room, light control is easy and should not be an issue.

I was looking at a 57" rear projection and went with a Z2 instead. The picture is incredible, the impact of the large screen amazing, and I can use the money I saved (Z2 compared to buying the 57") to buy projector bulbs for the next 10-15 years if I burn them out watching TV.

Buy the projector.

Paul