1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Help in choosing startup system

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by BrandonCB, May 9, 2004.

1. BrandonCB

BrandonCB Extra

Alright, a little background on the room these will be in. I don't have exact dimensions, but I'll try and post an edit with them and some pics of the room soon. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably about 9x12. The thing is, I want to also have a bar in the room. It's not going to be strictly a theater room, it's going to be a lounge area also. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to set it up, but here's a very crude drawing of the only way I can think to set it up with good surround:

[​IMG]

Would this setup work? Any other ideas on ways to set it up? The bar isn't built yet so it doesn't have to go there, just seemed the best way to set it up. I'm currently eye-ing 3 systems in particular:

Athena Point 5 MKII
    Fluance AV-HTB
    Onkyo SKS-HT510

The Onkyo would be the cheapest by far, how much better quality would I get from the other two systems? I'm not too concerned with an awesome sounding system, just something powerful enough to watch a good movie on it. Music will be played on it quite a bit also as it will be a lounge. Thanks for all opinions!

2. BrandonCB

BrandonCB Extra

Anyone?

3. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Supporting Actor

not familiar with the fluance, but athena are good, imo

Rich

4. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

If you just want then i dont see how you can go wrong with any of the options your looking into.
    But, for music, i would go with the Fluance over the Athenas.

5. NileDB

NileDB Extra

Take a look at Home Theater Direct's options. There pretty highly regarded for the money.