Help in buying a new receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Paul Cost, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Paul Cost

Paul Cost Auditioning

This is my first post here, so hello to everyone. I just bought a house with a sun porch and a huge back yard that I am planning putting a pool in. My question is, what kind of receiver would allow me to have surround sound in the living room, speakers on the sun porch, and speakers out by the pool. I would like all of this to be on one receiver. The proximity of the three areas, make it viable to be all on one system. I would need to shut off the porch and pool area speakers while watching a movie of course. Thank you for any help that you can provide.

2. Johnny_M

Johnny_M Second Unit

well, do you need the pool and porch area to be seperate? ie would you normally have them both on at the same time? if yes then i would wire that as 1 zone, and the HT as the other zone, there are many receivers that have hookups for a surround setup, and then 1 additional output for stereo playback, and allow you to switch back and forth. i have never seen a reciever with 3 outputs, but im sure someone could shed some light on that.

Johnny