What's new

Help improving the 100hz to 1000hz region (1 Viewer)

Richard_s

Second Unit
What can I do?

Problem: My mains are what I want to get better both are Polk TSI400 set small or large I can not seem to get enough out of the mid range 100hz to 1000hz to me critical to human voice overtones etc. My amp set small is 80HZ to subwoofer. I have run many sweeps with db meter all can be very good from 20Hz (slight resonance at 70 probably the 8 ft ceilings) to 14K (I don't hear well above this anyway) and holds within +/-3 db almost full range except the 100hz to 1000hz where it is all at least -6 to -8 db low. The speakers and listening position are approx 27inches from the walls so not at 1/4 wave and I think should not cancel in this range. These speakers are dual amp capable (admit I do not know what this is but seems expensive to do).

Any recomeendation on what I can do to get the 100hz to 1000hz level up? lets say for around $250 or Free even better

Thank you all happy holidays !!!!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Did you use a calibrated SPL meter? The Radio Shack models are known to be off by up to 15db at different frequencies.

Richard_s

Second Unit
HMM thanks YES I used the Radio Hack unit I thought it was good maybe not so.....My system sounds quite good just want it to be as perfect as I can get is

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks