What's new

Help!! Image on Sony (KV27S42) Is Slanted to the Left (1 Viewer)

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Hello,

The image on my 2 year old Sony KV27S42 is suddenly slanted pretty bad to the left. I just moved it onto a new stand and accidentally set the left side down a little too hard.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? It's just a standard 27" Sony I got from Best Buy.

Thanks for any and all help.

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
Some Wega models have a tilt adjustment in the normal menu. Check for that. If not, or if the tilt is too great, there is probably a more major tilt adustment in the service menu, but more than likely a technician is going to have to go inside the set and re-position the yoke coil around the tube.
That is not a difficult task, but you don't want to be poking around inside any TV without lots of knowledge. The life you safe could be your own.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Dale,

Thank you for the reply. However, I do not have a Wega model. Do the non-wega models even have a service menu? If so, how do I get into it?

Thank You.

Iver

Second Unit
I have the 27S46, pretty much identical model. It does have a service menu. Poke around on google and you should find sites that tell you how to access it.

Remember to follow the warnings on using the service menu. Especially, make notes of the original codes before you change them.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Thanks Iver...

Ok, I have gotten myself into the service menu, but I have no idea which value to change.

I have a list of all the different codes, but I still have no idea which one I should start tinkering with.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
It sounds like the yoke might have rotated. You might want to get that fixed, especially if it's now loose. It shouldn't be a hard thing to fix.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Less than a hundred clams. Please don't attempt this yourself. TVs, even unplugged, hold quite a charge.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Jack is so right... Unless you are truly qualified service personel. Turning the yoke, puts you very close to a potentialy leathal charge, even if the set is unplugged.

And the actual adjustment should be made while looking at video on the screen.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Thanks guys... Thank you for saving my life!

Anyway, so I guess I have to take the set into a Sony repair shop?

I just called a shop about 10 miles from me and he said $125 to fix it!! I'm sorry, but that is just too much for a $400 TV. Does this sound reasonable?

Edit: Called another place. He says $45!!! That's more like it. Just a little further away.

Thanks.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, if it's just a cheap TV, I wouldn't worry about getting an official authorized repair. It should cost WELL under $100. The guy could probably fix it while you wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks