What's new

Help..I'm at my wits end... interference (1 Viewer)

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
I use the JBL DPS-10 powered sub in my system. And just recently I have been getting interference(sounds like "human voices" but it is not clear enough to make out the words) from some source. At first I would blame The "Gypsy" cab drivers in my area with their "over mod" radios but I can't prove it. Maybe it can be a Ham radio?? What is weird is that I would get this interference even when the receiver is off. Can anyone explain what other devices that may cause this to happen and any remodies to this problem???

Thanks

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Steve, are you hearing these voices only from your sub?
The next time you hear this interference, unplug the sub and see if that fixes it. Obviously you can't use the sub at this point but I suspect you are picking up the signal from a nearby ham radio. This happened to me a couple of years ago, it turned out that my neighbour had a Ham setup and it was really insane to deal with. His voice would come through crystal clear on my little intercom system in my condo. I suggest you go outside and search the neighbourhood for any ham antennas. When and/if you find one nearby, tell the ham owner that he is causing interference on your audio system. If you can't locate any suspects, call the FCC(I'm serious)they will be able to help you. I called the police with my problem because my neighbour used profanity constantly and it was embarrasing when I had guests over for them to hear this crap. They told me to call the FCC. Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks