What's new

HELP! I'm addicted to Qdoba! (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
For those of you misfortunate enough not to have one in your town: Qdoba Mexican grill.
Ever since I've discovered this place for lunch I've gained something like 8lbs! I eat there 1-2 times per week.
And now I find out that they are building one a block away from where I work! Also, they're starting to serve beer! My two vices right down the street.. Mexican food and beer!
What can I do? My clothes don't fit anymore! And Germanfest is just around the corner and I don't think I'll fit into my lederhosen!

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
Yeah! Love 'em. They used to be called Z-Teca, but some fleabag joint in Phoenix sued for copywrite infringement. their name was something like Azteca Ristorante.
So they just changed the name to avoid a suit.
I think Z-Teca sounds better. Now, I go into Qdoba and expect to sit in a booth made of "Rich corinthian leather".;)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I'm addicted to 'dobs' my self. They opened in the Fall of '03, and it makes great college food to live on. Way better than Chipotle IMO.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I'm an addict myself. One opened down the street from me (easy walking distance). Also, they make for a great hangover cure come Saturday morning.:)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Ive got my card. Buy 10 get one free. :emoji_thumbsup:
I wholeheartedly agree with hangover helper aspect as well.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Mmmmmmm.....Chipotle's......

I'm full from one of their steak fajita burritos as I type this right now.

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
You do realize they are all knock-offs of Freebirds!
What's Freebirds?

When the original Chipotle went up in Denver near where I was going to school (University of Denver) in an old Dolly Madison ice cream shop, there was nothing else in town like it.

Jason Bovberg

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, I'm a Chipotle man myself. Used to like QDoba back when it was Z-Teca, but then it started getting bland. Then, Chipotle came to town and BLEW IT AWAY as far as the three Fs of flavor, freshness, and friendliness.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
There used to be a Qdoba here -- I loved it! Sadly it closed, so it has been quite a while since I've had it. Nor do we have Chipotle yet -- there is apparently going to be one opening next month, albeit in a crappy congested part of Omaha that would take me 30+ minutes to drive to. The last time I had a Qdoba here it was quite a bit better than the Chipotle I had last summer in Minneapolis.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Call Ozzy Osbourne and start a therapy group ;)
PS - Wait until you get a Baja Fresh = the best!

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I use to eat at Qdoba's a lot but I don't have one near me now. I use to work near one. I do have a Chipotle about 20 min away I think I'll check it out. From what I see it's not as good as Q's but I'll just imagine it is Q's and enjoy it. I always pass by Chipotle and wonder what it like.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
That would have been true for me a few years ago, but now we have:
Moe's Southwest Grill :emoji_thumbsup:
Tijuana Flats :emoji_thumbsup:
Baja Burrito Kitchen :emoji_thumbsup:
Chipotle's :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
The burrito revolution has begun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks