What's new

Help! I'm addicted to PBS HD!!! (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
It is the one and only ***TRUE*** HD channel I can consistantly pull in great video quality quality.

Mmmmm, travel show in Switzerland, look at the pretty colors.

Ohhhh, they are chasing Leopards, I can see fur!!!

I don't really care what is on, as long as it is in HD and widescreen. I get ready for every new scene, a new and wonderful color or object or place to see.

Shows like Malcolm in the Middle are in HD and look good, but there are very few HD shows on (that I can tolerate to sit thru)

DVD's look good, but you can quickly see where you run out of resolution compared to HD (but I sit thru a DVD with a grin, as it still looks awesome)

But thats that, I'm addicted to PBS HD :D

Oh, we have had the TV (Mits WD-52528) for three days.

William_Gravem

Stunt Coordinator
I can completely relate to this.

I'm Bill, and I've had my 55inch Sony HD-LCD-projection for about 6 months now. Through Comcast I get a couple of channels that I commonly refer to as "the random S* in HD channel" (even though there are like 3 of them.) My wife keeps walking in on me watching:

-Some old guy fixing an antique car

-Dolphins frolicking under deep blue water

-An overhead view of Philadelphia from a prop-plane

-A concert of somebody whose music I don't particularly care for... but you can see the beads of sweat forming on the lead singers brow and every guitar string vibrates when plucked as clearly as if you were standing right in front of the stage... somehow this is completely mesmerizing!

It's nice to know I'm not alone.
:D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Guys, you're talking content, which means this thread is for TV/HDTV Programming, not A/V Sources. Enjoy.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
^^^Big meanie!!!^^^

:D

Yeah, all my co-workers will sit at home and watch Discovery HD, In HD, etc., just because it is in HD.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Kenneth, I hope you've got HD Discovery Theater... I love the PBS programming (even though a lot of it is upscaled SD), but the HD-DISC stuff is the shiznit!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not too into watching entertainment or sports stuff just because it's in HD. The documentary stuff on Discovery HD, PBS HD or some of the programs on INHD channel are nearly hyponotic. I just sit there saying "Woooowwwww!" when I watch most of it :)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Does anyone have any idea when Comcast is going to add PBS HD to their lineup in the Atlanta market?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The novelty will probably wear off in a few months. I watched a lot of PBS-HD when I bought my first HD receiver several years ago (it was the only OTA station that was in HD most of the time). After watching the same Smart Travels European travelogs over and over, the monotony finally got to me.

I've had Comcast HD service for a couple of years now, and I only turned on the tuner once all summer -- for the PGA Championship a couple of weekends ago. Prime time network TV doesn't interest me at all. Once football starts, though, I will be watching a lot more HDTV.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I'm the same as Scott. I would watch ANYTHING in HD for awhile when I bought my HD receiver years ago (there wasn't much to choose from), and now I only check out the occasional movie on ABC or CBS. Likewise, football will be an HD MUST!!!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
PBS is definitely the first thing I put on when showing off my SONY 55" LCD WEGA. :emoji_thumbsup: The scenic stuff is a-freakin-mazing!

My mom was watching it when my parents were over and my dad had to practically DRAG her off the couch...She was just sitting there (with a dazed look on her face) and mumbling "we wouldn't ever have to go on vacation anywhere..." LOLLMAO! I was watching ballet...not because I'm a fan, but because you could actually see the dust specs in the air (under the spotlights). :eek:

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I once watched a war between red and black ants on PBD HD.

An insect war never looked so vivid. This is the way nature was meant to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks