What's new

Help, I'm a Fantasy Sports Addict! (1 Viewer)

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I've been playing online for more than 2 years now. What started off as a way to waste some time has become a full blown obbsession. With Football just ending and Baseball a couple months away, I don't think Basketball is enough to contain me. I have a Hockey team and a College Basketball game going, but since I don't follow either sport, I'm not that interested.

I usually have at least 2 teams going at a time in the 3 major sports, 1 being a public league the other a private league that I set up for my friends. Every night I check my guys scores at least 3 times, and the first thing I do every morning is check scores again, see if the rankings have changed, or if any players have been moved around. I can literally spend hours combing the free agents list for possible replacements for my team, while also constantly looking for trades that I could make.

Making a good or bad move can change my mood dramatically. For example I'm still bummed about dropping Priest Holmes in week 2 of football. But just last week I was dancing for joy because I managed to pick up Steve Francis off the waivers wire.

Thankfully I do have at least one friend who shares my obsession, and when we get together we can bore anybody around us to death with our endless talk about moves made in our league.

I'm not sure why I'm compelled to share this. Maybe I just want some solace that I'm not the only one out here, while also looking for 3 or 4 more guys that have the same mania and want to join my upcoming baseball league.

My dream is to form a group of 10 people that will play baseball, basketball and football with the same fever that I do. That nobody will drop out half way through the season, that every move will be made with the utmost care, and that this group will last for years and years.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
we regularly have home theater forum fantasy pools. Just finishing up a 20 team NFL league right now. Fun stuff, a couple people pulled out this year, but normally they are very competitive. Never for money though. I personally suck at fantasy sports, but I LOVE playing them! I like hockey, basketball/football, lacrosse and just about anything else, baseball, in that order. But I will play anything, as I enjoy it all!

Hugh M

Second Unit
is it something like Dungeons and Dragons?

I never got into it, possibly because I never really got too into NFL, NBA, or MLB...and in the states (at least in NJ) loving hockey wasn't enough for everyone.

does it occupy more time than your home theater hobby? I can't imagine any hobby taking more of my time.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Ross,
You're definitely not the only one. There are lots of us Fantasy Sports addicts out there. :) I started playing in a local Rotisserie Baseball league about 12 years ago and a local Fantasy Football league about 10 years ago. I've been addicted since then and have gotten a number of friends and relatives addicted also. Fantasy Football is definitely my favorite but I also participate in basketball and even hockey leagues sometimes. I really don't know anything about hockey but I won my first hockey league I was in and finished second the next year. :) I'm currently in 3 web based basketball leagues and had 6 football leagues (1 local) this year. My Wife doesn't understand my addiction but thankfully she puts up with it. :D
I haven't participated in any of the HTF leagues in the past but I'd definitely be interested in it. I'm always looking for some new leagues and it looks like I'm gonna need to replace my Sandbox leagues with something new.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Good friend of mine has somthing like 26 or 27 nba teams,all in different leagues.He is the comissioner of the league I have a team on...I do not know how he does it.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I was really into fantasy basketball until I started cursing players this year. For three weeks in a row I picked players who ended up getting hurt. I'm out of contention now. :frowning:
Jon

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
No, my HT definately takes up more time. Most of the fantasy stuff can be done at work. (Don't tell my boss. ;))
I've known about the HTF leagues, but haven't joined in yet. More than two teams and my attention starts to waiver on one of them. Plus then I've got competing players and my loyalties get all messed up. 20 players in the football league sounds like way too many, talent must have been really thin. That's why I like 10, then usually you have some decent free agent players you can mess around with. Plus ending up 20th would be far to embarrassing.
It's early but does anybody want to play in my baseball league? Like I said, I want 10 strong players. We'll probably be doing a live draft as soon as Yahoo puts it up.
That brings up another question. Where do you guys like to play on the web? I've played at 4 or 5 different sites, but found that Yahoo is by far the best.

Stephen L

Second Unit
But just last week I was dancing for joy because I managed to pick up Steve Francis off the waivers wire.
Wow , what kind of a fool would cut Steve Francis.Ross , even though I play other fantasy(baseball,hock ,bball) I've been absoutely hooked on FF.In fact the only other place I post at is a fantasy football site Football Guys ,some good stuff there:emoji_thumbsup: .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks